Saturday, December 8, 2007

It's 80 degrees here! (I wish)

Oh how I've missed winter. Snow storms, freezing temperatures and two hour delays for school. I'm pretty sure the last time I was excited about those things was when I was 10. So, Tuesday night we got our first taste of winter. Between two and four inches fell. They knew it was coming and yet the roads still were not cleared in time for me to shove the kids out the door for school. They had a delay on Wednesday. Then another two inches fell Thursday night and they had another delay yesterday. Wussies. I remember walking uphill both ways to school in a foot of snow...... Sorry, turned into my parents again. For those who have moved to warmer climes and miss the white stuff, here's a picture to chill you...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On another topic, Piper's school held a Holiday Dress Up day yesterday. For $1.00, the kids could dress up in holiday costumes. The money brought in would go to helping a needy Noblesville family for the holiday. Piper decided she wanted to be Santa Claus. Then she wanted to be an angel. Grandma and I finally got her to be an elf. We used a big green sweatshirt and Grandma sewed fake fur onto it. We found the socks at Target (in case anyone wants some) and the booties and hat at Walmart. I had to make the little snowflake thing on the hat because it had a rude saying on it that I thought we should cover up. There was one winner per class and Piper wasn't it. I think it was rigged! But I'm sure that's just motherly pride coming through.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So, now we're on to cleaning the house, getting ready for the influx of relatives staying with us for Christmas. With three brothers, two sisters-in-law and three nephews coming, it'll be a full and noisy Christmas for sure. And I can't wait!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Thanks for the reminder of why I never want to live up there again! It sure looks pretty, but I'm happy to just look at pictures. Of course, if that happened here the whole city would shut down for days (quick, everyone go buy out the store of milk and bread! It's the end of the world!)

Oh - and it is 80 degrees here tomorrow!