Saturday, November 10, 2007

Not what I was going for....

So, back right after Larkin was born, I decided I wanted a new hair color. The color we went with was a nice Hershey bar brown. It looked good for a while, then the ends lightened up a lot. After a year of that, and with 6 inches of roots growing out, I decided I was sick of brown and wanted blond again. So I went to the store and picked out a ultra blonde hair dye. I am always coloring my mom's hair, so I thought it was her time to return the favor. Everything seemed okay, until I went upstairs and washed it out. First, there were a couple of spots she missed around the front that made it look like I had dirt on my hairline. But the biggest problem for me was that the top 6 inches was really blond, the next 6 inches was a browner color and the bottom 3 inches was really blond. I had vertical stripes!! Um, that's not going to work for me, especially since we have family pictures coming up at Thanksgiving in Tennessee. Therefore, I headed down to the cheap salon at Walmart to see if there was anything they could do to fix it. She thought so and we decided on a warm color that was supposed to be golden. I say supposed to be because it ended up coming out reddish! And the roots were "hot" since we had just done the blond last night and didn't take the color as much as the rest of it. I'm thinking of shaving my head at this point. I already cut off 3 inches this morning, why not more?? At least it looks better than what I went in with. Maybe I'll post a picture of it later... or maybe I'll just take to wearing hats everywhere. Sorry, Mom! Navy blue turtlenecks and Colts hats for the family pics! :)

2 comments:

Jules said...

Um, yeah - I'm going to need to see a pic of that - like now...:-)

Jules said...

So you're going to make me wait until Thursday??? Hmmm...