Saturday, December 15, 2007

That's it! I'm moving!!

And I guess the rest of the family can follow....

Hey, guess what?? We're getting more snow!! Yay! We finally got rid of all the snow from last week and now it's snowing again. Actually, it's been snowing for about 6 hours now. We're supposed to get 8 to 12 inches of snow. At least they were prepared this time and the snowplows went through the subdivision right before the snow started and put salt on the roads. So they're pretty clear right now. And not only are we getting snow, it's supposed to turn into rain and sleet this afternoon and then turn back into snow after midnight tonight. That's when the fun starts as apparently tomorrow will be blizzard like conditions. Man, I need a winter home (somewhere south of the Manson-Nixon line.) I was making fun of Julie because they get two snowflakes down there in SC and they close the state, but that's what it seems like they're doing here. Everything has been canceled. Of course people here seem to have trouble driving in anything other than 100% sunshine. If you're not comfortable driving in snow, by all means, pull in front of me and do 20 mph. I'll push you around that corner..... :)

Well, we bought firewood last night (let me tell you that shopping the night before a blizzard is predicted is not the best idea!), stocked up on eggs and milk and got the fixins for s'mores, so we're all set here. Enjoy your sunshine all you snowbirds, I guess we'll be here enjoying the crackling fire and melting chocolate.

No comments: