Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

After what seemed like ages, today was the day we have been waiting for, counting down to, wishing would come faster. Today was the day that Caelyn got all of her hair chopped off to donate to Locks of Love. This is how she left the house this morning:



They started right after school and I tried to make it to see it get cut off, but by the time I got the kids picked up, we didn't make it there til 3:45 and she was walking out to meet me. This is how I first saw her:



They put the hair into a ponytail and chop it off. Whoever cut hers off left a strand of hair 2 inches longer in the front on each side. They had stylists there, but I guess Caelyn was trying to get a hold of me to come get her and she didn't go to get it styled. So we went over to Supercuts just to even it out. And this is how it looked after that:



It's taking her a little bit to get used to it. She keeps saying how weird it feels, how easy it is to get a comb through it. I can't wait til tomorrow when she takes a shower and I comb her hair after. No more half hour fights with combs and rats' nests. I think she looks totally adorable!



We did have an unexpected occurence today. When we got into Supercuts, Piper jumped into the chair:



Although I won't be braiding hair or putting hair into buns for ballet anytime soon, I think the girls have very cute haircuts. And I'm happy to put the time I save on haircare to better use... like fighting with Piper to do her homework!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Oh Caelyn I LOVE LOVE LOVE your haircut! You look awesome!

Jules said...

And Piper, you're a cutie too!