Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

I decided that over the summer, I was going to start Wyatt on potty training. Except he beat me to it. Last Wednesday, as soon as he got to school, he took off his diaper and threw it in the garbage. His teacher called to tell me about it and suggested that I just send him in underpants from now on and we'll see how it goes. So far, so good. He loves to go! Unfortunately, it's every two minutes! I think his favorite thing is the Thomas and McQueen underwear. We've had it since last summer and it's just been waiting for him to be ready. I guess he's ready. He's only had one accident since we started the undies on Monday. I still have him in diapers overnight, but as soon as he wakes up, he yanks em off and sits on the toilet. Not bad for a kid who was afraid of the toilet a couple of months ago. Of course, that's because he lost his grip and his bottom fell into the water.....

I was going to get a picture of him on the potty and post it, but don't want to embarrass the poor kid. Hopefully we'll be done with diapers soon, but I've heard boys take a long time to train. The only experience I've had is with Jason and it's taken 12 years to get where we are. :D

1 comment:

Jules said...

Yay for Wyatt!!! Can you pass along some of that potty training success over here? We're about to start Brian and I'm scared! LOL!