Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Joys of Parenting

Birth is just the beginning. It's the easy part, even without the epidural. I should be grateful that we've not had anything major happen to the kids. No broken arms, no hospital stays. We just get the annoying things. Like this morning, when Piper came downstairs before school complaining of an itchy head. And during the brushing of her hair, when little bugs fell out. And at the doctor's office where she confirmed that Piper has headlice. Yippee!!!

After buying the shampoo, we came home and I went through her hair with a comb, trying to get out as many lice as I could. Then I put the shampoo on. Directions say to keep eyes closed until the shampoo is rinsed out. It was funny watching Piper bump her way around the house for ten minutes. Then we rinsed out the shampoo and I began the tedious task of combing through it again. But half the little buggers were still alive! So I took a hairdryer to her head because heat kills. And according to one website, I also found out (later) that you shouldn't use a hairdryer because some of the shampoos have flammable ingredients. Oops!

It appears that no one else in the household have acquired the little suckers (pun intended) though I did make my mom check mine. It doesn't shock me that Piper was the one to get it. Let's just hope this is the last we see of them!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Can you tell her it's because she isn't washing her hair during her showers? Or is that bad parenting? LOL! I guess it is a bit manipulative...hee hee