Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring Update

Wow, been a while since I posted anything. Good thing no one ever reads this! :)

Biggest news in our house? Caelyn's about to turn THIRTEEN. Two more weeks until we have a teenager in the house. Not sure I'm ready for that. She's been a teenager for a while in the sense that she's on the computer all the time, talking on the phone, going to parties. This kid has a very active social life! I'm jealous...

Piper turned double digits this year. She's still a little kid at heart though. She idolizes Caelyn, though they have a love/hate relationship. She's doing well in fourth grade, but I think she's bored. She keeps getting caught reading during the math lesson.

Wyatt is having a blast in kindergarten, although I have no idea what he does. I ask him how his day went and he says "fine." I ask him what he did and he can't tell me. So, I guess as long as he's happy to go, it's okay that he can't remember what he did. We had his IEP at the beginning of January and I finally added his autism diagnosis into his records. I wanted to see how things went without everyone knowing, just because I didn't want the diagnosis to affect the way he was treated. But at his October parent/teacher conference, his teacher brought it up. And at his IEP, they all said they "had a feeling." I think they might have pushed me to have him tested if I hadn't already had a diagnosis. At the moment, I don't think his autism is interfering in his learning, but that may change as he grows older.

Larkin is three now. Whoever said "terrible twos" said it before their kid hit three! She's a little stinker. And way to smart for her own good. She lost her speech therapist when she turned three, but I'm thinking I might take her and see if I can get it through the school. I think she still needs some work on it. She's a very girly-girl. Loves dresses and playing with Barbies.

Jay is still at The Order Fulfillment Group. Nothing's changed there. The economy is taking a toll on the company, but I think his job is secure at least for a little while longer. Hopefully if they have to let anyone go, it'll be the helpers in his warehouse instead of him.

I am still at JBS. My temporary job ended a week and a half ago with the hiring of a new customer service rep. The receptionist came back to her desk, which left me with no where to go. So, that Wed was supposed to be my last day, but by Friday I had four different areas wanting me to help on various projects. Not only am I not fired, I now have my own office! Okay, it's really more of a cubbyhole, probably six by eight feet big, but it's got a door that I can close, which is helpful because I think I might have ADD. :) I've been busy this week updating a mailing database for marketing. Next week I start calling vendors for samples of their products. I also should start with one of the sub-companies, copy editing their USDA information. And the accounts payable person says if work dries up at my site, I can always head over to her site and do jobs for her. I've been told I have about two months of work right now, which is good, cause I have to pay for my two Bon Jovi trips. One on March 17th up to Detroit (with Larkin's old speech therapist) and one in July to Chicago. Can't wait!

Maybe I'll update this in three weeks after the trip to Detroit. No promises though! :)

2 comments:

Jules said...

Woot Woot! yay for an update!!!

Maxiluv13 said...

You need to update mother ;)