Saturday, May 16, 2009

This one's for Julie!

Getting a lot of flak about not keeping up with this. But really, it's so boring over here! Biggest thing to happen is I got a (temp) job! I've been covering the phones at Jim's workplace as the receptionist does some training. Yesterday was her last day of training, so I only have one more day of work lined up. It's this Thursday while Linda goes and gets some different training. They seem to like me and I haven't gotten any complaints about my performance, so maybe they'll keep me in mind when something else comes up.

Yesterday was fun. It's always going to be a good day when the principal calls. Now, unlike Julie, I didn't know it was the school calling. But when he said his name, I was more confused than worried. I mean, Piper's principal calling me is one thing -- hate to say I expect to hear from her principals! But this one was Caelyn's. Apparently, she's been a little physical with one of her friends. She's been jumping on his back, pushing him in the hallway, into a locker. She thought it was all in fun, but I guess he didn't. So he went to the principal and talked to him, who then talked to Caelyn. Now, this is the boy who on Thursday put his arm around Caelyn and said she was his girlfriend. Which she's not.

I had Grandma ground her until I got home from work and talked to her. She admitted doing the things the boy accused her of, but didn't know he was taking it badly. Her biggest thing was that he never said anything to her, he went to the principal. And she wanted to know if she had an in school suspension because some of her friends thought she did. And they heard it from the boy. Twelve year old drama. Can't wait til she hits the teens!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Yay for new posts! No yay for principal calls - I feel bad for Cae. That really sounds horrible for her. Maybe I need to come and remind this young man how to speak up but also respect my niece! Give her a hug for me.