Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Final Nano Update

Well, here it is, December 2nd. I'm sure you're all on pins and needles wondering how I did on my novel. I'll have you know that I reached 50,000 words on November 29th. A whole day to spare. However, the novel wasn't done. So I spent a lot of Sunday writing a conclusion to it. My final word count was 53,698 (or something like that.) After a ton of editing, rewriting and hair pulling, I will be sending it on to Julie for her opinion. Hopefully she can sweetly tell me what a load of crap I wrote! :D

After all the angst and sore bottoms I went through, would I do it again? In a heartbeat. There were moments when I beat my fists against my head and cursed my impulsivity in signing up, but those were few and far between. I hope to have this edited and revised in time for a 2010 publishing date. HA!

Thanks to all for the encouragement. And kid watching. And weird discussions on the best way to kill a man and not get caught.... I'm amazed at how many of you want to read hastily written, badly worded prose, but to each his own! :D

1 comment:

Jules said...

Looking forward to getting my hands on it! I hope to only have helpful comments for you...like "it's perfect!" I'm sure it's awesome.